quanteda and its accompanying packages are developed by contributors through the Quanteda Initiative, a UK-based community interest company (11135166) founded by Kenneth Benoit, to promote quantitative text analysis in social sciences and humanities. Please contact Kenneth Benoit for any queries on the organization.
We develop quanteda to achieve following core objectives in quantitative text analysis.
- Simplicity and flexibility
- Create flexible tools for different analytic purposes
- Provide consistent and intuitive commands for R users
- Best practice
- Facilitate transparent and reproducible workflows
- High efficiency
- Exploit multi-core CPU’s to process large datasets
- Store large datasets in small RAMs of laptop computers
- Allow quanteda to be used in conjunction with other R packages
- Kenneth Benoit
- Kohei Watanabe
- Paul Nulty
- Adam Obeng
- Haiyan Wang
- Stefan Müller
- Ben Lauderdale
- Will Lowe
quanteda project is supported by the European Research Council grant ERC-2011-StG 283794-QUANTESS.